Please complete the form below and we'll contact you about your appraisal.
The Old Chapel is a delightfully unique four bedroom detached dwelling set in the heart of the sought after village of Burbage. *No Onward Chain*
| Converted Chapel
| Many original features
| Four double bedrooms
| Flexible living accommodation
| Off road parking for several cars
Originally the village Methodist Church, The Old Chapel has been converted to a high standard by the long standing owners into a modern property. Dating back in part to 1907, the house offers flexible living accommodation over two floors whilst retaining the original Chapel features, such as the original doors. The accommodation is currently divided between residential and business use. The residential side consists of a large open plan living space, currently used as a formal dining room which flows round into the open modern kitchen with fitted wooden units and a breakfast nook with French doors leading out onto the private North facing terrace. On the ground floor there are two good sized double bedrooms, one with large fitted wardrobes and both with French doors leading out onto two private terraces and served by a large family bathroom. There is a further double bedroom on the ground floor. Upstairs there is a wonderful open plan vaulted living room which is framed by the original stained glass chapel window. There is an open plan office/library space leading to the fourth double bedroom. Connected to the residential space is a large open plan office with it's own entrance, kitchen, shower room & w.c and a separate smaller office leading of off the main space. There is a mezzanine floor which is currently used as more office space/storage. Subject to gaining the relevant planning permission the office space could be turned into residential accommodation.
Outside the property is approached by a private gravelled driveway which opens up to private parking for several cars. There is a paved patio area to the side of the house which wraps around to the front where there is a grass lawn and pedestrian access to the road through wrought iron gates. There is a secondary terrace to the North side of the property, accessed through the kitchen doors, which is decked and bordered by raised wooden planters.
Planning permission was granted on 25th September 1997 (K/034720) for conversion of a former chapel to one dwelling with commercial offices. There are a number of conditions relating to the consent, further details form agent.
The Old Chapel was opened in 1907 by Lady Marjory Brundenell-Bruce, daughter of the 5th Marquess of Ailesbury. It was used for services, as a school and for other social uses up until its closure in June 1996, on its 89th anniversary. The names of the local preachers are engraved into the stones on the western side of the building and the initials of the main benefactors to the church are engraved on the southern side, There were no burials at the property.
The property benefits from oil fired central heating, mains drainage, water and electricity.